Old March 26th 08, 12:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobile,alt.binaries.automobiles,alt.binaries.pictures.auto,alt.binaries.pictures.automobile,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
MagisterMax

Default 1969 Mustang Shelby GT500-red--01=mx-.jpg (1/1) 166020 bytes

I was a poor beginning teacher driving a VW beetle when the Mustang arrived
and I remember going in for a test drive in one of the very first hardtops
in our part of the country. I couldn't believe the acceleration and
immediately had visions of trying to keep the car on the road during the
winter months. I liked the look of the car but always saw it as a Falcon
with a fancier body and no rear seat room. With 4 passengers the thing sat
on its bump stops. So when the time came for me to replace the VW I decided
against a Mustang and a Camaro too and got a Volvo 122S with wonderful
seats, disc brakes, and total reliability and lots of comfort for 4 people
and their luggage.

max