Old April 6th 06, 09:31 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default E38 brake discs lifespan

Hi,

At a recent service my local dealer in Coventry said the front discs
and pads needed changing, so I gave the go-ahead. Thing is, they were
changed about two years ago (about 22k miles). That doesn't seem right,
I don't brake that hard.

Also, after changing the brakes, there is a judder on gentle braking at
high speed, which goes away after about 250 miles.

Same judder happened two years ago after the change of discs, but the
dealer couldn't find anything wrong. Should discs wear down this
quickly?

La Tercia Real
*Leave* NoSpam in e-mail to reply.