Old December 17th 05, 06:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.driving,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.consumers.experiences

Default Renting a Jetta or Passat?

"John Bartley" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The IIRC 'silver' rating of these sedans for protecting driver &
> passengers in a crash
> http://www.iihs.org/news/2005/pr120405.html
> has me looking at them to replace my '95 4Runner, which is now overkill
> for the driving I do these days.
>
> However, I'm fussy about cars; seating is very important, for my wife
> is 5'1" yet I'm 6'3" with a long inseam. Because of injuries &
> decriptude, I have to fully stretch my legs for a few moments every
> half hour or so (cruise control is a blessing), which sems to work OK
> when checking these cars on the showroom.
>
> Where might I rent either? Anyone here rented one? If so, which rental
> agency, and where?
>
> For your on-topic comments, thank you kindly.

Do not know who rents here, but Avis in Italy does. Rented a Jetta TDI
diesel last year. Not as comfortable as my Chevy Crewcab truck, but was
actually very nice. And I am 6'4". The diesel ran like a gas engine. No
rattle, and ran 145 lph (95 mph) down the highway with plenty of power to
spare, and got very good milage.