Old October 17th 11, 09:36 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default C.A.R.S. open beta

(GaryR) wrote:

> 10 Euros (minimum) to play a beta????

It's not our fault you can't read the website. :-p

I went for the 25E option. It's more than I've paid for either Shift1 or 2, but I
did see a lot of potential in Shift2. If they can sort out the control issues with
this engine (for wheel users, who are only part of the target market) then I'm sure
it'll be worth it. Essentially I just paid for the game very early.

Just as it's been entertaining paying for iRacing's ongoing experiment with never
ending development, it'll be interesting watching Slightly Mad trying to wrangle
with the mismatch between their goals and the varied demands of their audience. And
we all know what a self-destructive crowd we can be. :-)

I anticipate many bunfights along the way, and nothing is more satisfying than a
good fight over something truly trivial like computer gaming. :->

Andrew McP