Old May 21st 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
jamesmichael2

Default Old car warrantee sales pitch

This is interesting, because I have answered a couple of calls about this
same issue, but indicated I wasn't interested. We do have a 2001 VW that
has recently gone over the 100,000 mi warrenty period, and I assumed they
were trying to sell me an extension for the VW (I believe that is true, but
am still uninterested; if it breaks (and it will), we will pay for the
repairs). We also have a 1967 Alfa Romeo which I'm sure they're not
interested in maintaining. Our standard response to telephone solicitors
is: "We don't respond to telephone solicitations regardless of the source.
Thank you." Telephone solicitors, at best, are a nuisance; at worst, they
will scam you out of whatever you have. If somebody calls your phone to
sell you something (or maybe give you a "free gift"), tell them "No".
Remember, it's your phone and you pay for the service and they are nothing
more than intruders.

Jim Michael