Old January 27th 08, 08:54 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
aarcuda69062

Default '96 Caravan blower issue

In article >,
"Larry Crites" > wrote:

> Well, obviously you missed all the points being made.

Nope, didn't miss any points being made.
Didn't miss any invented statement either.

> And as far as being a
> professional? Went to school for it (MoTech, know who they were?).

Were? As in no longer?

> I may be "old school" and I don't do it for a living anymore, but mechanical
> principles are still the same.

"Don't do it for a living anymore."
The reasons are obvious.

> Bearings start getting "stiff" (freezing up),
> motor starts drawing more current.

Do ya *think* the motor slows down during these events?
Didn't MoTech teach you to use your ears?
As for the using more current... Didn't MoTech teach you to use
an amp meter?

> That burns out that little electrical
> component on the resistor block (if you've ever looked at one, you would
> know what it is).

It's a thermal limiter and now *you* know what it is also.
I would also point out that the thermal limiter is not used in
all models or in all years, it may eventually become part of the
component in an upgrade of the part, it may be deleted in an
upgrade of the part.

> "In my Intrepid..." was an "EXAMPLE" of "MY" experience.

And you felt compelled to tell a story about it even though your
second generation Intrepid has little in common with a 96 Caravan.

Yes Larry, sometimes the blower motor causes the resistor
failure, like in 1 out of 25 resistor failures. The fact that
the part number has superseded so many times bears this out.

> Considering, when it first went out, I asked about it here, and Glenn and
> Bill told me what it was. When it went out again, I used correct
> troubleshooting techniques to determine why the resistor was going out.

For someone who attended Motech, you sure need a lot of outside
help.