Old October 4th 10, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
rich[_3_]

Default Tires for a '90 Miata

I just made that exact tire change you mention on my '99 Miata. I went
to 195/60 14's. I wanted a bigger tire and to get the car off the
ground a little more. And the tires do look better, but the amount it
raised the car is hard to tell getting in and out of it. But I will
say it made a drastic difference in the handling. Not quick and tight
in turns like it was before. It more does a swerve in turns than the
quick instant turns it used to. Now I'm a true believer in short
sidewall height for better handling. I wouldn't go back to the
original tire size on the next set though, I'll be shopping for some
15" or 16" wheels for the next go 'round. It will take me that long to
find bigger wheels I like. Most after market wheels look like total
crap to me, so I'll be looking for the same design that came on the
car in a bigger size if anyone makes them.