Old September 19th 04, 06:42 PM
Jim Levie

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:29:25 -0700, bfd wrote:

> Can't comment on other mfrs, but at least for August 04 (latest info), in
> the U.S. BMW 3, 5 and 7 series are not "increasing":
>
> http://myfilelocker.comcast.net/fdme...roup_Sales.pdf
>
> BMW should be "thankful" for its new 6 and X3 as everything else is in a
> decline...

But how much of the sales figures are driven by the style change as
compared to the general economic picture and the price of the cars? I
think it's probably safe to assume that the potential pool of BMW owners
hasn't substantially changed and if styling were the only issue you'd
probably see them going for the 2000's cars. There seems to be no shortage
of used vehicles and I haven't yet seen any data to suggest that sales of
pre-2005 models are soaring.

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.