Old September 8th 05, 12:41 AM
R Keating

PlowBoy wrote:
> but it seems as robust as symantec's boggy suites I been exposed to, we use
> NAVCE at my corporate job. BTW, in the Yahoo stuff, the only let down is
> the fact that if you are not logged on as the ADMINISTRATOR in xp with the
> Accounts Administrator logon (for dsl and et al accounts therein) you dont
> have much of a 'dashboard'. again I am used to trying to figure out what is
> wrong on MS operating systems.

Does the account you are running rFactor from have administrator
permission? Don't know if it needs it, ... just a thought.

> So can you tell me what should be happenging, I launch the game via ICON, I
> get small imagespace & sound, black screen with Rfactor showing, that is
> all...

After the rFactor screen you should be taken into the sim with the same
basic look as the demo (three selections on the left hand side). I have
no idea what information is being sent out. I allow rFactor.exe because
it needs to get through the firewall to play on line. I changed my
graphic driver and rF Config.exe was run when I tried to start the sim.
I was surprised that it wanted to pass through the fire wall too.