Old September 7th 05, 07:41 PM
Praxiteles Democritus

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 07:50:09 -0500, "PlowBoy" >
wrote:

>Praxiteles,
>
>There's a start and thanks. hopefully I can try something by this weekend.
>I get my information by reading here and RSC, and I havent read anything
>that is shedding light on this but I posted at midnight my time. Can anyone
>shed light on what are the events that are taking place when I click the
>rfactor icon (when installed)? is it crashing trying to do intro's? is it
>supposed to check in with a website for key validation, updates, or what?
>havent seen anything act like this before on a machine that is game ready
>(hardware wise) but I recall back when some games crashed trying to view
>intro type vids and or sounds..
>
>Thanks

It should just come up with a RFactor splash screen then start. Why
don't you try starting it with your internet connection disabled. Go
to control panel/Network Connections. Right click the LAN icon and
select diabled. You are now disconnected from the inernet. Do the same
to enable your connection later.