Old September 26th 05, 06:12 AM

"McMahon" > wrote in message
> Looks don't matter in sports cars; weight does. Autoweek says Pontiac
> weighs 400 lbs. more than the NC, so that's like, what, 600 lbs. more than
> my NB? And those clunky, heavy, ugly 19-inch wheels? Gee, I can't WAIT
> to take wrestle an extra 120 lbs. of bling-bling through the twisties in
> Latigo Canyon on an early Sunday morning! REAL sport-ee! Can you say,
> Fee-Air-Oh?
>
> Add in that GM 'quality' and I'll give this Pontiac as long a model-run as
> the . . AZTEK!!! ARRRGGGHHH!
>
> It is sad. Amerikan car makers are pathetic.

I was only comparing the looks of the Solstice and the latest Miata, not
weight/performance. If we're talking about weight, well, the NA weighs less
than both the NB and NC. And looks better to boot.

My point is, the Solstice looks a lot better than the NC. We can complain
all we want about the Solstice being a heavier GM product, but it doesn't
make the NC any nicer looking. I mean, did they have to make the NC so
ugly??? And looks do matter in a sports car. Would you put your money down
on an ugly sports car?

I'm passionate about Miatas. I have 2 NAs myself: a red on black, and a
triple black. And I don't like the way things are going at Mazda. The newer
Miatas are getting heavier and uglier. I was excited when I heard news of
the NB. Took it for a test-drive, and I was disappointed. Didn't like the
looks, and it didn't feel as connected to the road as my NA. When I saw the
NC, I know that I will not buy another Miata. No, I'm not entertaining
thoughts of getting a Solstice. However, I'm seriously considering moving on
to a Lotus Elise.