Old September 26th 05, 02:40 AM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> I do not think that the Solstice can possibly match the MX-5 in the pure
> fun factor for sports car enthusiasts...

You might enjoy this London Times article by Jeremy Clarkson:
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...794313,00.html

It's fashionable to write off JC's sarcasm as America bashing and
attention-getting hype, but I think he makes some valid points. Remember
he's writing about the U.S. market in general, not the likes of us, and
he seems to understand it better than most Europeans. I've no doubt
everything his detractors say about him is true...but that doesn' t make
him wrong.

Actually, I think he pretty much nailed the Mustang GT. Almost no owner
will use half of such a car's capabilities on the street, so its limits
simply don't matter in the real world. OTOH, if you buy one for how it
makes you feel, you can't lose. JC got that part.

---
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis