Old September 26th 05, 01:49 AM
pws

Dana H. Myers wrote:

> So I take it you didn't enjoy the test drive in the Solstice?
>
> Dana

I am going to test-drive the new MX-5 eventually, but if Mazda had added
another 400 pounds, increased the length of the car and put 18 inch
wheels on it, I probably would not bother.

I do not think that the Solstice can possibly match the MX-5 in the pure
fun factor for sports car enthusiasts, especially those to whom weight,
(especially unsprung weight), and wheelbase length is a primary concern.
Unless those 18" wheels are forged, which I highly doubt, they probably
weigh about 20 pounds each.
The 17 inch wheels that they are putting on the new MX-5 are also too
large, imo, and I wonder what they weigh as well, but I would replace
those immediately with 15" or 16" SSR's if I were to buy a 2006 MX-5.

My other primary concern with a test drive, other than being seen on a
Pontiac sales lot, is that the car will break down during the test
drive. Then I might have to walk back to my miata and drive home. ;-)

Pat