Old April 28th 12, 04:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Professor[_3_]

Default ABS>>>So Confusing

On 4/27/2012 6:02 PM, XS11E wrote:
> > wrote:
>
>> On 4/26/2012 8:02 PM, XS11E wrote:
>>> That time is very nearly up, driving the car is now a painful
>>> experience and I notice my shifts are no longer smooth so it'll
>>> have to go soon but if it were an automatic I could keep it.....
>>> maybe? Maybe not, I don't think it would be as much fun with an
>>> automatic.

>> I can't speak for any other countries, but here in Canada the MX-5
>> is available with a " 6-speed Sport mode automatic transmission
>> with overdrive and paddle shifters". Seems like a possible
>> alternative.

> It's available here as well but that's only in the newer models and
> they're out of my price range, plus it seems that the "A" type are the
> only Miata's I can fit into?
>
> I wrote a long essay here when the "C" type first came out about how I
> wanted so much to like it but it was so miserably uncomfortable I gave
> up on it after about an hour's drive. (Thanks again to a GREAT sales
> man who rode with me to a gas station, used the dealer's credit card to
> fill the car and had me drive him back to the dealership where he got
> out and told me, "Don't be in a hurry to bring it back!"
>
> After the cupholder on the door cut my left leg in half and the
> throttle position destroyed my right ankle I WAS in a hurry to bring it
> back!
>
> "C" types are for people a little shorter than 6' 4"..... My 92 fits
> just fine! I can't move around in it and I don't get in it, I put it
> on, but it's comfortable once I'm in!

Well, I've got the opposite problem.
I'm short...... extremely short.
When I sat in an MX-5 at the latest car show, I had to move the seat up
so far in order to clutch to the floor,
the steering wheel was in my chest like a NASCAR driver.
Is it just in the last couple of years that the paddles were available?

Professor