Old November 29th 08, 08:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
*--*

Default 2001 Voyager Speedometer failed

*--* wrote:
> damnnickname wrote:
>> Are you sure that the needle hasnt gone completly around the other side and
>> trying to come up pver the peg? HAs the battery been replaced recently or
>> had a weak start? Hold the trip button down with the ket off, then turn
>> the key on as you are holding the trip button (5 sec) and try to force the
>> cluster into a self test

> Thanks for your help; I was away for a few days, but having got back to
> the car to try this, I get the following stored code:-
> 100.6, SBEC/DEC/MCM COMMUNICATION FAULT
>
> The needle does move to the calibration points OK.
> The battery on the car has been weak, it was actually replaced a couple
> of days ago (whilst I was away and after this fault emerged).
>
> Any good ideas as to what this means?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Hmmm, it is working again this morning (I didn't road test last night,
I'd had a couple of beers on the plane so didn't want to take the car
off the driveway). Does the self test also reset anything, or is there
likely to be an intermittent fault that happens to be working today?

Thanks,

Matt