Old March 8th 20, 02:21 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Randall Shimizu

Default 2004 Xterra Will Not Communicate With Ca Smog Machine.......?

I went back to smog place and the technician told me that they were able read the OBD2 system and check for code. But the problem was that the smog machine was unable to transfer data. I went through and checked all the ground and performed voltage tests as well. So this leads me to believe that something is wrong with the ECU. I ordered another used ECU. I need to find out their is a way to check for ECU/ OBD data transfer.