Old October 14th 05, 06:46 PM

Abeness wrote:
> Looks like those Equus folks make a cheaper tach, too:
> http://www.iequus.com/item.asp?cid=40

Any tach that doesn't use either an internal battery or the car's
battery for power will not give accurate readings, except by chance.
That model 3010 tach looks like a tach I bought for $5 long ago that
was off by 20%, and I ended up gutting its circuitry and substituting a
proper tach circuit from an electronics magazine.

> Do I need a code reader for a 94 Civic EX? I was looking for one awhile
> back, and now see that these guys make one.

Pre-1996 cars generally have ways to read codes without any special
equipment, and I believe Hondas made even after that year allow this,
at least to a limited extent. Factory and Mitchell manuals cover this
area much better than Haynes and other third party manuals do. However
if your 1994 is similar to a 1995, here's free access to a factory
manual:

www.honda.co.uk/owner/CivicManual/