Old February 23rd 08, 08:00 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
tpow

Default rough idle a4 1996 2.8 12v, now hesitates during acceleration?

"Devious!" > wrote in message
ng.com...
> Nightmare car from the start. Had rough idle prob for a year now,
> mostly in cold. Through tons of $ at her, turned out to be idle
> valve. Doh! All vacuum lines,breather hose, redone, new TB. Now
> after two weeks of smooth sailing, idle is extremely irradic, and
> now hesitates while accelrating. Audible "ticking" sound from
> bonnet, is this a distributor/coil problem? Also put in new plugs,
> no effect, but plug wires look old.

> Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 Beta 5
> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
> * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

it does make us wonder about skilled technicians........they just take one
bit out and put another bit in. And even if it does not fix the problem we
have to pay for it. They do this most probably knowing the right bit has yet
to be changed.

all I can add is fit a new set of leads................you have spent plenty
what's a couple quid more.