Old October 3rd 05, 03:54 PM
sdlomi2

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have a 1991 Geo Prizm. When I hit my left turn signal, I hear a loud
> screech that does not stop until I either turn the turn signal off or
> hold it down hard. When all I hear is the screeching noise, neither
> the front nor the rear turn signal lights blink at all. However, when
> I hold the left turn signal down hard, the front and rear turn signal
> lights work just fine. There is no problem at all with the right turn
> signal. Any ideas? Thanks, Bill.

Bad switch yielding partial contact. If you look closely--may involve
removing mast-jacket cover to see enough of the switch--you may see an
opening that binds slightly against the ts-stem as it moves toward the
left-position. This opening can often be filed bigger to give relief and
allow switch to go the extra distance required to engage the electrical
contacts more firmly. HTH & good luck, s