Old January 18th 05, 10:10 PM
Zathras

On 17 Jan 2005 15:36:44 -0800, wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a 2001 156 2.4JTD, with 78,000 miles (125,000Km) on the clock.
>
>I have noticed that the clutch has begun to smell of burning when the
>engine is under load, although it doesn't seem to slip much - 90mph
>(145kmh) is at 3,000 rpm as it always has been.
>
>Does it sound like I need a new clutch? Is this the normal mileage to
>get out of clutch? Even with all the torque, I would have hoped for
>more!

<snip>

A mate of mine with a Laguna diesel was replacing clutches every
18,000 miles (and he wasn't the only one). The torque modern powerful
diesels put through the clutch seems to eat clutches in certain cases.
As always, it entirely depends on the driving style how long wearable
parts last.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)