Old May 3rd 05, 05:06 AM
Laurie S.

"mtdubvee" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> My mustang currently has a 289 in it and I was wondering how hard a big
> block conversion would be or if I should just build the 289? thanks

It's not that hard, but it will cost you. I did the same thing with myh 68
fastback--took a 289 car and put a 390 in it. If you check my website,
http://www.tucsonpony.com/Trouble you'll see what I had to do. Basically,
change motor mounts, put in shock tower supports, change brackets,
suspension, etc. Nothing that's really difficult, of course, but you want
to make a thorough change so that the car will support and handle the weight
of the big block properly. For example, I went with the Edelbrock Performer
RPM intake and lightened the front end quite a bit that way. I also moved
the battery to the trunk to offset the heavy nose. The more you can do to
lighten the load, the better off you will be in terms of handling.

Laurie S.
Thunder Snake #7