Old September 17th 05, 03:19 AM
Peter

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:16:43 -0400, "Alan Bernardo"
> wrote:

>I'll look into this. But really, there goes common sense out the window,
>which was part of my original complaint. There has to be a better way of
>doing this. But I do know this, I can run some upgrades on any of the cars,
>and the car still stays within a class-- say, GP3. By implication, then,
>would this not mean that if you choose only GP3s, it's not a certainity that
>you are going to get stock cars. It's all very confusing and defies common
>sense, is the way I see it.

I don't disagree with that, but I've been using computers since the
early 80's and I've yet to find a piece of software of any degree of
complexity that doesn't defy common sense in some area or other.
After all, we're using Windows. ;-)

If you select GP3, the cars in the field are all pretty much on a par
in laptimes. In a qualifying with just GP3 Howstons at the Birmingham
Grand Prix circuit, there was 2.2 seconds between 14 cars.

>Thanks for the explanation, though. I certainly do appreciate that. Your
>reference to being "old", however, strikes me. How old are you? Old to me
>means maybe in the upper 60s. I'm not quite that old yet, but in a little
>over a decade I will be.

I just turned 48, old enough that bits of me that work one day, break
overnight.

>> I hope this helps you get more enjoyment out of rFactor, I'm having a
>> blast.
>>

>I too am having fun with rFactor. It's just that it takes a scrambled mind
>(or a lot of time) to figure out how to do things.

I am highly qualified on at least one of those counts.

>Thanks again,
>
>Alanb

Peter