Old December 30th 04, 04:09 AM
toyota1

We havent done a 3.5 yet, but are changing them to 3.2L-- Im sure it is
possible to do a 3.5L, as for the most part they are the same as the 3.2,
except for displacement--as far as computer differences in the 3.5L, not
sure, but the 3.2 is the same as the 2.7... There are several minor things
required to do the changeover from a 2.7 to 3.2--- air intake piping,
dipstick tube, throttle and cruise cables, heater and radiator hoses, and
a power steering line. The right exhaust pipe has to be shortened and an
oil cooler added. other than that, the a/c lines have to be rerouted to
the top of the engine. We've been getting engines with all the
accessories, starter, alt, p/s, etc, already attached. Wiring is all the
same... its a matter of 3 plugs near the ecm.... they have gone very
smoothly so far and can be done in about 2 days-- if you have a lift and
the equipment. we just drop the cradle engine and all out the bottom of
the car, change everything over, and install it back in. The 2.7 ecu and
wiring will run the 3.2 no problem.