Old October 1st 09, 05:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SMS

Default RIP

wrote:
> I just heard the news... it got me to thinking, my very first internet
> search was for "Saturn" (My second search: Saturn -planet). I had a
> photo of my '94 SC1 on the "Saturn Server", subscribed to the
> listserv, followed the newsgroup, laughed at the "Ellen" spoof.
> Farewell, Saturn.

What was strange on the radio news today was that there was a commercial
for Saturn, and then the newscaster segued into the story about Saturn
shutting down, which probably didn't make whoever paid for that ad very
happy.

Looks like it was Renault failing to agree to supply vehicles to Penske
after GM no longer would supply cars is what killed the deal. Could have
been a back door way for Renault to return to the U.S..

I saw a Saturn Sky the other day, the first one I've seen and it looked
really nice.