Old July 27th 05, 06:59 PM
Proctologically Violated©®

It's interesting that in older non-computerized cars, the A/C would *lower*
the idle rpm, thus conceivably *saving* gas at idle!
In newer cars, the A/C bumps up the idle speed, indeed costing more gas.
'pyooters, donchaknow....

Idling in winter w/ the heaters on can conceivably lower engine temp.
Ackshooly does help if the engine is *over*heating.

What gets me is the new thing of driving off w/o warming up the car at all,
as per, sposedly, mfr's instructions!
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
oups.com...