Old June 16th 11, 10:13 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Malcolm Osborne

Default Alfa 156 Part No.

"Stef" > wrote in message
> In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
> Malcolm Osborne > wrote:
>> Would anyone have easy access to Alfa part numbers?
>>
>> After 287 000 Km, the aircon compressor on my 1999 156 2.0 TS is getting
>> bit noisy (bearings).
>>
>> I'm looking to get a used part. Might save me a trip to the agent to ask
>> there.
>>
>> Malcolm Osborne
>> South Africa

> As you are from South Africa, chances are that you can read a little
> Dutch.
> Then this site may be usefull: www.tuynder.nl
>
> If you can't read Dutch: click on "CATALOGUS" in the top menu bar and
> then on the obvious car brand name, model and then the right type
> choices. When you get to "Groep" (Group), select "AIR-CONDITIONING EN
> VERWARMINGSELEMENTEN" and in "Subgroep" select "AIRCO-COMPRESSOR +
> TOEBEHOREN". The next page wil show pictures and numbers. :-)
>
> If you need to change a choice, don't use "back", but select the
> apropriate tab.
>

> If I do this for motor type AR 32301, I get to:
> "ALFAROMEO - 156 - 156 BENZINA (1997-2002) - 2000 T.S. CF2 -
> AIR-CONDITIONING EN VERWARMINGSELEMENTEN - AIRCO-COMPRESSOR + TOEBEHOREN"
> Which has 2 numbers for the compressor:
> 60653653
> 60653652
>
> Motor code 32303 has 60653653 only
> Motor code 32310 has 60653652 only
>
> If the difference is significant, I can't say.
>

> --
> Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by
> mail)

Yes - our local language (Afrikaans) is similarly constructed to Dutch -
that site is quite good.

I think the 52 variant would be the one for my car.

This info should enable me to locate a part locally - thank you.

Malcolm Osborne
South Africa
15 2.0 TS 1999