Old May 26th 11, 08:10 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

Default YIKES!

On 2011-05-26 09:29:04 -0400, AD > said:

> On May 26, 3:08*pm, D. LaCourse > wrote:
>> The bike, wrapped in a mover's quilt and with the front wheel off, fits
>> nicely into the back seat. *No danger of harming the interior. *

> Marketing folk at audi are anxiously listening
> for an inspiration for a next commercial pegging A8 against A8L.
>
>> However, I will move it to Maine with my wife's car (four bike carrier
>> attached to the rear of the vehicle). *It will spend the summer in the

> Yeah, butch class III hitches can handle 4 bike carriers while space
> age frame
> on A8 can't carry the load. That thing on truck like chassis has a 2"
> receptacle
> if my memory serves me right.

Horse caca. The Audi bike carrier is very well built, as are the two
cross members. Their expense is the only issue. I have an excellent
carrier bought for a Toyota Land Cruiser about 20 years ago. It fits
my wife's Lexus RX350 and does an excellent job. It cost me about 45
bucks way-back-when.

Dave