Old August 27th 08, 02:47 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

Default Magnets on the fuel line intake

On Aug 26, 10:36*pm, Steve Daniels > wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 01:44:31 -0700 (PDT), against all advice,
> something compelled laurentien >, to say:
>
> > * * I would like to inquire if any Audi drivers in this forum have
> > * * installed magnets on their fuel line intake.

> If such a simple and inexpensive modification actually worked,
> don't you think cars would come that way from the factory?
> --
>
> Life is too short to play cheap guitars.

As I told you my old Audi has much more punch in the low revs, so it
is working.
My friend living in front of our house, he has put them on his Toyota
Lucida and his Land Rover and he says that he saves on fuel
consumption. About milleage, I am making my own tests on long trips
now and I will give up the results later when I have done enough to be
reliable results.

I am a engineering researcher and I can tell you that there are a lot
of ideas that are good but for some reasons were never used or each
time you talk about them, there is huge lot of uneducated sceptics
that make fun of you.

I will give you an example.
Citroen did put front wheel drive on its main production car (the
Traction) in 1935 making them the first company to mass produce a FWD.
They offered the best road holding cars of that era and nobdy
followed. They would beat an Alfa Romeo or Bentley in the curves
easily. Citroen again proposed a cheap front wheel drive with full
independant suspensions which was sold at a very cheap price in 1948.
the 2 CV. You had to wait until recently when all other car
manufacturers followed and commenced building FWD. 30 years later than
Citroen.

Bests,

LHR

Life is too short to drive US cars.