Old July 16th 06, 07:51 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

Default Is Ford Running on Empty?

GM and Ford are finally advertising the fact they have more vehicles, than
any of the imports, that get 30 MPG or more. Many mistakenly believe they
need to buy an import to get decent fuel mileage. GM, Ford and Chrysler
even offers car with V8 that can get 25 MPG or more.

One of my friends owns a 2005 Pruis and a 2006 Milan. For the way he used
his vehicles the Prius is averaging 33 MPG, the Milan 30. The Pruis cost
him $26,000, the Milan $18,000. If he had another Milan, the $8,000
difference will buy all of the gas for the Milan for around six years

mike hunt