Old April 11th 05, 08:50 PM
Andy Turner

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:52:35 +0200, Arne > wrote:

>Once upon a time *Andy Turner* wrote:
>
>> On 10 Apr 2005 10:31:25 -0700, wrote:
>>
>>>Riding a motorbike (the mere act of riding) has never been considered
>>>rude behavior.

>> *Exactly*. We all accept other people's choices WRT cars and bikes
>> even if it's not the choice we would make. Now then, why can't you
>> accept other people's choices elsewhere?
>>

>If you prefer to ride a bike or even walk does'nt disturb me, as long
>as you keep your self walking on the side walk or bike on the right
>side of the road (especially if me meet eatch other).
>
>But I would not accept if you lived next door to me and choose to have
>great partys every night, with loud music and drunk yelling guests.

You make the same mistake as "E.P.", in that your analogy doesn't
apply because there isn't a group out there that welcome and actually
prefer people to be having loud parties with drunk yelling guests next
door.

>So accepting other peoples choices when it not disturb others is no
>problem. The problem comes when they try to turn everything upside down!

Top posters don't turn everything upside down, they simply quote for
reference and quote using a stack style.

>If you like to do a test, start a thread with somebody who
>bottom post every other time when you top post between, without
>cutting anything. Make 10 posts eatch and look at how stupid it looks,
>with all your posts at the first half of the last post.

I'm sure it'll look bizarre - but whose fault would it be? What you're
effectively saying is that one should follow the posting trend set by
the first respondent. Would you do that if the first respondent
top-posted?

andyt