Old August 31st 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Questions on Jeep Trailers (like the old Mil. 1/4 ton)

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 14:04:48 GMT, "Greg" > wrote:

> These guys have new trailers for jeeps
>http://www.tentrax.com/CargoPactrailer.html
>
> wrote in message
.. .
>> Greetings,
>>

>> I'm just asking a general question or two on Jeep trailers like the
>> old 1/4 ton. I've seen photos of the older surplus ones & they look
>> like something that I might consider useful for my needs. I want to
>> ask:
>>
>> 1. How practical/safe are these trailers in modern TJ's, etc. and
>> traveling at today's highway speeds? Is it stable at 80MPH ?
>>
>> 2. Are there modern day makes that might be same general size?
>>
>> 3. Sources for #2 ? Price ranges?
>>

>> TIA,
>>
>> Andrew
>> '97 TJ Sahara
>> (Now in it's 12th year)

Thx for taking your time to reply but what I'm really looking for is
the shorter Jeep equivalent of an open pick-up bed. Since Jeep
doesn't make pick-ups - I am considering how to NOT buy
a Frontier or Tacoma next year when I love TJ's but need more
hauling capacity of assorted tools, equipment, loose items.

Well, you know - what you'd toss in the back of a pick-up.
I looking around to see what Jeep aftermarket items might do
the job. I love my Jeep and I'd dearly love to part with my cash
next year for a **Jeep** pick-up but it may not be. Alas!

This is kinda like it:

http://www.quadratec.com/showcases/a...FRJdxwodmgwOQw

But at 9,000 (nine!) grand you can forget it. Better would be to keep
a rear bench seat and add a bed.

This is my Dream-Vehicle,....(sigh,drool)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...diator_203.jpg

Andrew