Old April 14th 07, 06:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Default Too Much Oil Pressure

> before you go through all the other things spoken of, get a good
> filter....the fram hp1 has had many many folks report blowing the seal
> out...your pressure isn't excessive.....
>
> (just for info, the oil pressure relief/regulator piston and spring is the
> front(front is front) piston in a dual relief case)

The ford motorcraft equivalent of the PH8A always worked well for me
when I ran an external filter. Don't recall the part number off the
top of my head unfortunately. I took the center threaded part of the
filter adapter to autozone and start checking filters to find one that
would thread on and matched the seal diameter of the fram filter.

Chris