Old July 5th 05, 01:35 AM
Pars

"SoCalMike" > wrote in message
> Gordon McGrew wrote:
> > On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:30:09 -0400, "Pars" >
> > wrote:
> >

> >>Considering that the 96 Odyssey was Honda's first attempt at making a
> >>Minivan with Isuzu help, it could have some reliability issues.

40,000miles
> >>seem extremely early for 'piston knock' to occur. If so, it should have

been
> >>a warranty issue.
> >>
> >>Pars

> > I don't think that Isuzu had any part in engineering the Odyssey. The
> > only connection with Isuzu was that they got some Odysseys to rebadge
> > (Oasis) as part of the deal that gave Honda the dreaded Passport and
> > some equally forgettable SUV for the Acura line.

> the SLX/trooper! and youre right, i totally forgot about it.
>
> kinda sad to see how isuzu practically doesnt exist in the states any
> more. in their heyday, they had a wide range of smaller, useable SUVS,
> along with the amigo, and a decent minitruck. now? nothin but a rebadged
> GM clone.

Jeep cornered that market, especially with the Libreto.

You're right about the Odyseey, I suppose
I was juxtoposition .the Passport and the Odyssey...

Since we're off topic, here's a cool little micro van that's probably going
decimate the 'Wagon' category and could take a chunk out of the minivan
market.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jm/06mazda5.htm

Pars