Old February 20th 12, 05:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Fvert

Default 2002 SL2 Sloshing sound

Our Saturn has been great for us, a 2002 SL@ with 140k on it. No major
issues or repairs - it is just getting harder to get in and out of as I
get older.

We are getting a sloshing sound somewhat frequently that sounds like it
is behind the dashboard on the passenger side. I probably first noticed
it 5 or 6 months ago but it might have been going on longer than that.
It has definitely not been with us for the life of the vehicle.

It happens most often when making a hard left or right turn but I can't
say I hear it 100% of the time. It happens less often when accelerating
straight ahead from a stop. The sloshing sound is like a large volume of
liquid initially then it trails off to a small amount of liquid, maybe 2
seconds in total.

I don't know if anyone can explain this or confirm similar symptoms. I
have an independent repairman who does a lot of work when I need it and
a local Chevy dealer with a trained Saturn technician I sometimes go to
as well. I won't make a special trip in but will ask both about it the
next time they have a look at the Saturn. It would be nice to have more
of an idea what is going on before I say anything to them.

Thanks in advance.

Brian