Old June 19th 07, 03:55 AM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Matthew T. Russotto

Default Tell your Congressmember to do something about it

In article >,
Brent P > wrote:
>In article >, Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' ) wrote:
>
>> Why do you just say insane things? The US through the UN was holding
>> Saddam's output of oil down. Meanwhile the US was begging Saudi Arabia
>> to pump as much as possible.

>Scroll back a few more years, to when he fell out of favor, pre-gulfwar
>1, not post. The US government set him good. Told him the US would not
>get involved if he invaded kuwait... HA!

"The United States takes no position in your border dispute with
Kuwait" (BTW, the current standard leftist position is that Saddam was
right about that dispute) is a far cry from "Go ahead, invade and annex
the whole country of Kuwait, we don't give a damn!"
result in a fully-depreciated one.