Old June 18th 07, 03:49 AM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default Tell your Congressmember to do something about it

In article >, Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' ) wrote:

>> To keep the taps off and drive prices up. Remember, Saddam Hussain became
>> an enemy of the US when he started over pumping. It was all down hill
>> from there.

> Why do you just say insane things? The US through the UN was holding
> Saddam's output of oil down. Meanwhile the US was begging Saudi Arabia
> to pump as much as possible.

Scroll back a few more years, to when he fell out of favor, pre-gulfwar
1, not post. The US government set him good. Told him the US would not
get involved if he invaded kuwait... HA!

>> > In any case, the cost of oil is
>> > going up which should cause Americans to seek better efficiencies. That
>> > is what you are claiming will work, isn't it?

>> Hybrids had been selling for over sticker until production caught up....

> Try responding to what I actually said. Higher prices for oil mean the
> American consumer will seek higher efficiencies. These higher oil prices
> are *good* for the US in the long run.

When something threatens their profits, when there is a real alternative,
big oil can certainly drive prices down to kill the alternative.