Old May 4th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe Pfeiffer

Default More power to the police in high speed pursuit

(Brent P) writes:

> > That is completely irrelevant in whether the police were justified in
> > ending this chase as they did, which is what the suit was about.

> The dangerous chases don't happen as much without the idiotic speed limits
> and revenuing on the road. That's the relevance. It's a way to reduce
> these events.

There's a story about a Catholic priest, the pastor of a small parish.
He only had one topic he liked to preach about: the Sacrament of
Reconciliation. Every Sunday he'd get up and talk about confession.
Maybe it was about getting into heaven, maybe it was about being free
of mortal sin before taking Communion. But it was always about
confession.

One day, the bishop called him in, and told him there'd been
complaints; that while confession is a good and worthy topic, it isn't
the only good and worthy topic. The Feast of St. Joseph was coming
up next Sunday, and he wanted the homily to be about St. Joseph. The
priest said, "OK".

Next Sunday, time for the Homily. It started like this:

"Today is the Feast of St. Joseph. A good man; a holy man. Foster
father of Our Lord. A working man; a carpenter, by trade. Made
things out of wood. You know, confessionals are made of wood..."

You remind me of that priest.