Old February 7th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Default Ford gets a clue

Kruse wrote:
> On Feb 6, 3:45 pm, Michael Johnson > wrote:
>> I have been blasting Ford for abandoning their long time model names
>> like the Cougar, Thunderbird and, most of all, the Taurus.

> Great. I can't wait to buy a new Pinto.

I doubt you will ever get the chance. The Taurus, OTOH, has great,
positive name recognition with millions upon millions of past customers.
It's good to see that someone in Ford realizes this and is doing
something to correct the error of their ways.

> Actually, I've been blasting Ford for moving a lot of their assembly
> lines and factories to different countries. Is it because domestic
> labor is too high? Tell that to the foreign manufactures who now have
> factories in the states.

The UAW is killing the domestic automakers as much as a poor marketing
and products. What is the big difference between the foreign automakers
and the domestic who have assembly plants in the USA? It is the unions
that control the Big Three's work force. Protectionist policies won't
solve any problems, keep jobs here or be good for the consumer. If you
want everyone to be on a level playing field then eliminate the UAW.