Old February 7th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kruse

Default Ford gets a clue

On Feb 6, 7:41 pm, (Brent P) wrote:
> In article . com>, Kruse wrote:

> 1) Everybody else in the US is doing it.
> 2) UAW contracts with all sorts of nonsense that cost Ford a lot of money
> don't apply to the foreign competition.

Yea, I know.
What started all this is when the government allowed foreign
manufactures to build in the US. While the domestics had to pay for
health care for aging workers, the foreign makers hired young
employees that cost them virtually nothing give them insurance. And
while the foreign makers can take a foreign-built part and simply
paint it or put a sticker on it and call it domestically made, that
isn't right either.
It also isn't right that Ford can built a transmission/engine/whatever
halfway around the world and make it cheaper than they can
domestically.
I will never buy a new Fusion or Focus. I can also say that while I
have purchased new Fords in the past, I probably never will in the
future.
Maybe Ford should just have their cars built domestically by a foreign
maker and just put their name on it.............