Old December 27th 05, 11:41 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Turn Signals

In message >
Allan Schneider > wrote:

> I have a 1999 A6 ( and a 95) with an interesting although maybe to
> some a simple problem. When I use the turn signal ( either right or
> left ) I get several clicks( Blinks of the signal light) never more
> than 3 and then nothing. Sometimes I get nothing at all. I suspect it
> is the device that does the blinking . Where is this device located?
> Some have told me it is in the box with relays inside the engine
> compartment. I cannot seem to find it.
>
> Does anyone reading this list have any idea what it may be if not the
> device that does the blinking ? And if so where can this device be
> found on the car so that I am replace it?

It's almost certainly the flasher unit - it failed on my 2000 A6 after
just three years.

It is integral with the hazard flasher switch in the centre of the
console. You need to unclip the fascia trim which surrounds the hazard
switch - the flasher unit can then be accessed.