Old December 3rd 12, 03:21 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
TonyB

Default Bulbs

"GT" wrote in message
eb.com...

"R C Nesbit" wrote in message ...

The eternal pain in the bum for Alfisti

Front nearside sidelight. £4 bloody 70 Pence!

Skinned knuckles getting the old one out, go to local shop,
get replacement, feels a bit iffy fitting in the holder,
but this is Sunday, the shop has closed, so I tested it
before replacing the holder - worked - more skinned
knuckles replacing holder - doesn't work!

More skinned knuckles extracting it again - the bloody
sodding effing bulb fell out into the dark and dismal
recesses of the light unit!

== reply ==
Headlight clusters on the 159 are a joy - I was amazed. Headlight bulb went
and I changed it in literally 2 minutes - 1 handed, other one holding my
phone as a light - all I needed.

Couldn't believe it as the 156 was tough going!!

The facelifted 156 is easy enough, the only problem is that the headlamp
bulbs don't have a recess for the metal tang to fit into so they can
be fitted at any angle. Spoils the beam pattern if you get it wrong.

TonyB