Old September 11th 06, 11:25 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Squog

Default Low frequency tone/whine 156 2L

Please please help. I recently bought my 1999 2 litre 156 and I have
this annoying low frequency tone / whine seemingly coming from the
drivers side window vent. This only happens when the engine is hot and
more than 1500 rpm. But the tone is a constant pitch it does not
increase with engine revs.The previous owner said that it was something
to do with the ventilation but now I am not so sure. The weird part is
that I do not hear the same noise from the engine....whatever it is it
is causing me a lot of grief...