Old January 7th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
miner_tom[_2_]

Default Is my Subaru's starter giving me trouble or is it something else?

Thanks to all for the most insightful replies.

I should have been more clear in that I did not state that my 92 Subaru
Legacy has a MANUAL transmisison. If I might ask, where is the stamp that
has the engine size on it? It does not appear to be on the drivers side
door.

I have been looking through the Chiltons manual on this and the schematic
diagrams are very poor. Not sure that I have found the correct schematic for
the 92 but I only saw the Neutral safety switch shown in the older models.
Perhaps I missed it. Need to keep looking. Not used to working on the
Subaru. I do have a Toyota 84,4x4 pickup and I have the service manual, now
worn with use. Much better. That will teach me to get the service manual for
every car that I ever own.

Tom