Old July 29th 14, 03:50 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
really real

Default car alarm problems

>> But I'd better not share that information here, because you don't want
>> me to.

> Now you're just being childish.

Now I'm confused about what I should and shouldn't say.

I figured some people here might be interested in what it's like to have
a new BMW, but maybe I'm just acting out.

Yesterday, at the service department, I saw one of those new electric
BMW i3s, looking very odd, but different, in a modern way, which is what
I think an electric car should look like. I didn't even know they were
for sale yet in North America. I wonder why it needed servicing.

This morning, I took the car in at 7:00 AM when they open. How strange
to see the place full of people working at that hour. I hope they get to
go home early.

The service guy listened to my tale of woe, and put the key into a dock
on his computer and studied the data. I hope it didn't show how many
moves it last took me to parallel park. He said they would have to
reprogram the software.

I asked about disconnecting the alarm or lowering its volume but that
doesn't seem to be officially possible.

And then, they drove me home and told me they would come pick me up when
the car is ready, in a day or so. I'm not used to this level of service
from a car company.