Old November 1st 13, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

Default 2002 300M PCV hose not sold separately

On 11/01/13 12:09 am, MoPar Man wrote:

>> but the PCV valve end of the hose was rather hard, and I'm not
>> sure that it's sealing well to the new PCV valve.

> I've never messed with my PCV valve - not sure how you would even know
> that it needs replacing. Does the computer throw a code or something?

The Owner's Manual does say to check it from time to time, but I don't
recall how often. The usual way to check, as far as I recall, is to
disconnect the hose with the engine running and check for suction by
putting a finger over the end of the PCV valve. But in my case the PCV
valve is not so easy to get at because of the cross member that runs
almost immediately above it, and there is very little room to manipulate
the hose to get it off. That's why I decided to replace it anyway ($6 or
so) while it was more accessible. The old one did still rattle (good
sign) but with a more muffled sound than the new one; IOW, it was
getting a little gummed up.

> Is there enough hose before the bend so you could cut maybe 1/2" from
> the end of the hose (the hardened part) so you have a fresh (soft)
> section to connect to the valve?

Maybe I could try that.

>> Any good suggestions for a way around this?

> Have a look he
>
> http://www.lhforums.net/forums/showt...ger-yay-or-nay

I'll think about the suggestions there.

> One suggestion - make the 90-bend with a short piece of metal pipe
> (something from the plumbing section of home despot or similar). Then
> all you need is a short length of straight tube.

That metal fitting would have to have different diameters on each end.

Maybe I'll just put a hose clamp on the PCV-valve end of the hose.

Perce