Old April 13th 07, 06:30 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Bloomsburg

Default A6 problem with warm start

On Apr 8, 10:36 pm, TonyJ > wrote:
> Bloomsburg wrote:
> > On Apr 4, 6:32 pm, TonyJ > wrote:

> >>Try to pull the codes but my guess would be:

> >>- The engine temperature sensor needs to be replaced - $20 and easy to do.

> >>- dirty injectors - run a bottle of Techrom injector cleaner in a tank or two.

> >>Find another dealer fast or, better yet find an independent with a good
> >>reputation with the locals.

> > Thanks, TJ:

> > I have not tried injector cleaner yet, so I cant tell if it will work!

> > But I had a chat the other day with one of buddy who used to drive a
> > VW Passat(suppose VW and Audi is the same maker), he had the same
> > problem with starting, he said he had to change 2 fuel pumps to fix
> > the problem. He also mentioned that change a pump is easy, its located
> > in the trunk, just lift the floor mat you can c it. but I havent check
> > it yet since I was on a trip just came back to town, will do tomorrow
> > and let you know

> A possible clue that you have a problem with the fuel pump and/or fuel filter is
> hearing a buzzing sound near the back and under the car.- Hide quoted text -

Went to change my 4 tires the other day and asked the garage to check
the starting problem on my A6/99. He came out with a fault code P0116,
which is Coolant Temp. Sensor out of range. He said it will cost about
$135 to change it. I looked on line for the part, the price is about
$22 on some of the website. I had thought to change it myself and then
realized its too difficult a project for me. Beside even if I can do
it myself, I still need to erase the fault code. So I had it changed
this morning at the garage, the suprise is, it only cost me $79. May
be the service man is too smart to read a customer's mind. Give out
high qoute but keep final price low alway makes customer smile and
come back.