Old January 1st 05, 02:03 AM
Fred Fartalot

"16 inch alloy RAVE wheels" These are OEM VW wheels. I believe this is
specific in that it describes a single type of wheel with one unique weight.

See:
http://drivergear.vw.com/store/acces...duct%5Fid=2088

Similarly, I believe there is only one type of OEM 16 inch steel wheel for a
2004 VW Golf that has one unique weight associated with it.

Looks like I may have stumped the ng here! (may just have to take off one
of my wheels, remove tire, weigh it, order a new wheel from VW on the
condition I will be able to return if if it weighs more than my steel wheel,
weigh it and then decide whether to order three more wheels which was my
original plan after stumping the VW guys)

Fred