Old May 15th 07, 07:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck

Default Smoke after spark plug change

Why were the plugs changed? (Symptoms, or just mileage?)

The plug well was full of oil when the old plug was pulled? (I would think
that even a short period of operation would burn the oil off.)
Somehow oil got/is getting into the intake, perhaps via the cam cover vent
hoses? (If the PCV valve is sticking, oil might make it into the intake.)

The plug or plug wire is loose? (The Engine should run rough)
A plug wire is bad? (Might be due to pulling on the wire to change the
plugs) (The Engine should run rough at times)