Old October 14th 04, 02:12 AM
Al Gilson

Default My Bug was squished! Help me to avoid getting screwed!

Yesterday a moron in a Ford Taurus did a left turn across my lane right in
front of me. Needless to say, despite all of my best efforts, I smacked
into him at about 25mph. Damage? Yep. Left front fender, bonnet, left
front tire, rim and tire. The spooky part is that there is a slight
crinkle in the driver door by the window and a little wrinkle under the
bonnet just to the rear of the fuel tank. I'm worried that the pan may be
bent. No fuel leak, no fire.

We're talking about a 1970 Convertible, new paint, new top, new carpet,
rebuilt engine, newly chromed original bumpers. None of the body parts
are aftermarket. I want to save my Bug.

My worry? The other guys insurance company will low ball me and try to
total my bug and tru to give me just a pittance.

How can I show that this is not just a 34 year old beater and should be
rebuilt? How can I argue the value with their insurance adjuster?

Help keep a classic on the road. Thanks for your tips.

Al Gilson
Squished 1970 Convertible

--
Al Gilson