Old December 10th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
redblack

Default Replacing Horn 1998 Saturn SL2

Jocko wrote:
> Yes, and it works very well. Since all 3 wires are the same gauge there
> shouldn't be a current issue.
>
> "Sorebikr" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > So you just taped off the third wire and ignored it?
> >
> > If my replacement horn doesn't have a relay, how does that work? (I
> > obviously have no idea what a relay does)
> >
> > Jocko wrote:
> >> I bought a 2-connector horn from Canadian Tire to replace the 3-connector
> >> horn that came with my wifes 1999 SC1. All I had to do is find which of
> >> the 3 wires was ground (pretty easy) and then used the other wire of the
> >> remaining 2 that didn't honk the horn all the time.

You should go back to the canadian tire and bring your bill for the
horn and tell them you need a relay for it. Even though all 3 wires may
be the same guage other parts of the circuit may not be able to handle
the current of the horn. I beleave this is likely or the engineers at
saturn would not have spent the money on the third wire or a horn with
a relay. There is a chance you could cause an electrical fire in your
car if you overheat the circuit. personally i would get the correct one
from saturn. It might be cheaper in the long run.